A standard home these days could mean anything. You’ve dreamed all your life to live on the water and now you have finally purchased a cottage on a lake, or decided to move onto a houseboat for summer. How exciting!!!
Every move we do at AMJ Campbell is different. Each move has it own set of challenges, especially if you are moving into an unusual location. We are here to give you some helpful suggestions before you move into your new place.
Is your home on an island and only accessible by boat/ferry?
- Living in the Thousand Islands, Wolfe Island, Howe Island, Amherst Island, Simcoe Island are all very popular destinations to move to. These islands are mainly accessible by ferries. If you are moving your items onto an island we will make your move as smooth as possible by figuring out what type of moving truck will fit onto the ferry. The less you have the simpler your move will be.
Is your driveway narrow, windy and/or in a forest area?
- A large moving truck may not fit down your road or drive way. You may need a shuttle. This means a smaller truck will have to transport your belongings from a larger truck.
Moving into a floating home?
- Keep it balanced. Consider the distribution of the weight in the home. Even your belongings out as much as possible. You may feel like you are tilting.
Are you concerned about your belongings getting wet?
- If you are transporting your items by boat be sure to cover them with a plastic sheet (we can supply extra mattress bags, you can cut them in half and cover your items while in transit).
Concerned about the docks weight?
- Instead of piling boxes on a dock try to make separate trips from the boat/dock to solid ground such as a drive way, if you can. The dock may not seem to carry as much weight as you think.
What is your heaviest item?
- Consider what your heaviest items are before you move in. Do you collect books, dishes or anything heavy? Anything that can add a lot of weight to your floating home will weigh it down. You may want to downsize of your collection. If you decide to downsize on any items self storage or warehouse storage is an option as well.
- The reason you moved out to a waterfront property was to escape from city living right? Your new waterfront property will help you stay calm and will be peaceful, no need to be stressed out. Kick back and relax.
Life is easier by the lake.
AMJ Campebell is more than just a moving company. If you are looking for a particular moving service, we are here to help you out. Call us today to for more information. 1-877-211-0021.